Are you unsure if you’re growing in your walk with God?
In this message from Gary Lodge, he breaks down the apostle Peter’s challenge to grow effective in the knowledge of Jesus Christ.
You must increasingly have the following qualities
- Faith: a conviction about something or a strong assurance; believing the Word of God and acting upon it, no matter how you feel, because God promises a good result
- Virtue: moral excellence; a goodness about you
- Knowledge: correct insight
- Self-control: self discipline
- Perseverance: the ability to continue under duress
- Godliness: good character out of devotion to God
- Brotherly affection: kindness and fondness
- Love: active goodwill
5 Reasons to Grow in Christ
Grace (God’s unmerited favor) and peace will be multiplied (2 Peter 1:2).
All things pertaining to life and godliness will be provided (2 Peter 1:3).
You won’t have spiritual blindness, nearsightedness, or amnesia (2 Peter 1:9).
You won’t fall (2 Peter 1:10).
You will have an abundant entrance into heaven (2 Peter 1:11).